In this video I’ll show you how to make
|Low Fat Raw Vegan Dressing Recipe|
Movie available at
- 2 large, ripe mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper
*Use more or less depending on how spicy you like your food
*Scallions and jalapeno peppers are ingredients I don't typically eat, but they work fantastically well in this recipe. Be careful with them and listen to your body. If you have any difficulty digesting them, this recipe is still delicious if you omit them!
- 2-3 extra large hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 bags of baby spinach
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- Cuisinart Pro Classic Food Processor or a similar food processor that can both blend and shred ingredients
- Peel and slice your mangoes into chunks you can toss in your food processor.
- Slice your lime in half and remove the skin and seeds. You will use the whole lime in this recipe, not just the juice.
- Remove the seeds from your bell pepper and jalapeno pepper and slice them into chunks you can toss in your food processor. Be careful when adding your jalapeno pepper as to not make your dressing too spicy!
- Dice your scallions, add according to your taste.
- Using the metal chopping blade in your food processor, blend your mangoes, scallions, bell pepper, lime, and jalapeno into a thick, creamy, rich, beautiful dressing!
- Wash your romaine and break it into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut off the ends of your zucchini and cucumber so they are flat. This will make shredding them easier. Slice them into chunks that will fit in your food processor's feed tube.
- Using the shredding disc in your food processor, shred your zucchini and cucumber into pretty strips!
- Put your romaine in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Cover with your shredded zucchini and cucumber. Put your cherry tomatoes on top.
- Pour your addictive salad dressing over your salad, and enjoy!
|With my Zucchini and Cucumber which I shredded in my
- When you shred zucchini, the different texture completely enhances the flavor, and it ends up tasting almost buttery!
- Shredding, spiralizing, mincing and using other methods to change the texture of vegetables completely transforms them and enhances the flavor of your salads!
My dad introduced me to this recipe. He made it as a dipping sauce for our veggie wraps that we had during a beautiful low fat raw vegan picnic on the Potomac River. My whole family loved it! We adapted it from a recipe he found online at The Food Republic to make it low fat raw vegan friendly. It is amazing!